Why We Collect Your InformationIn order for us to provide you with access to the full breadth of functionality on this website, we ask that you create a user profile, which consists of your Name, location, contact information, role and other details that allow us to communicate with you effectively and provide information relevant to you. We do not sell your information to third-parties outside of the organization. In addition, as with most web servers on the World Wide Web today, our server automatically logs information about the environment of each visitor to a website. This type of data-collection is standard, and consists of information that is not personally-identifiable, such as Browser type, Operating System, page response times, and information for statistical analysis to measure visitor interest areas and to provide you with the best experience possible when browsing our website.
How We Collect InformationBelow are some of the ways in which information may be collected online and how it may be used.
- IP Address Collection
Our Web servers receive and temporarily record IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by their browsers each time they access any JSS web page. We might use IP addresses for the following purposes:
- Diagnosing service or technical problems reported by our users, our technical staff, or engineers affiliated with a specific IP-range-providing web company or ISP.
- Determining general geographic area (region/locality) of IP address to serve relevant content and filter out irrelevant content for our users.
- Estimate number of users visiting JSS from different countries/regions/localities.
- Aggregate Information Aggregate information about which pages visitors access or visit (for example, links within the site, courses, etc.) is only used for internal review as we continue to improve our Web site.
- User Profile A user profile is created with information that you provide to us and is used for authentication when you login to the site. It can also be used for a) verifying your identity should you wish to contact us, b) marketing information useful to the user, and c) displaying information on the site that is most relevant to the user.
Information Actively Provided by Our VisitorsThere are several places where users may choose to provide personally identifiable information about themselves or others. Unless we tell you otherwise, we will use the information for the purpose the information was provided.
How You Can Access or Correct Your InformationYou may review your profile online, have it deleted, and/or withdraw permission for its continued use by contacting us (see Contact Us section) To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
LinksOur site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other such sites. We make best efforts to screen all sites accessible from us to ensure that they comply with the standards set by us.
Discussion ForumsWe host discussion forums which are available for your use. You should NEVER disclose any personal information. You should not enter any forum on the Internet that requires you to disclose any personal information prior to entering. The forums are monitored by our staff regularly.
Online SurveysOur occasional online surveys are voluntary and anonymous; they are used to improve our site and better serve our clients. When demographic information is collected, we do not ask for any personally identifying information.
SecurityThis site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Children’s GuidelinesWe caution children that they should not divulge their personal information on the Web. Our forums are moderated, and while our moderators cannot prevent children from divulging personal information, they use their best efforts to ensure that personal information is not divulged. In compliance with CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA), we not allow children of age 12 and under to register online. If during routine audits, such an account is found, appropriate measures are taken to remove from the system immediately.
Contacting UsIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with National Guard Bureau J-1's Joint Services Support (JSS) sites, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by regular mail at the following address:
NGB J-1 Office
111 S. George Mason Drive, Bldg 2,
Arlington, Virginia 22204